The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is an independent non-profit professional association serving the growing field of Business Analysis. The IIBA™ vision includes the development and maintenance of standards for the practice of Business Analysis and for the certification and recognition of its practitioners
The IIBA vision is to be the leading world-wide professional association that develops and maintains standards for the practice of business analysis and for the certification of practitioners.
IIBA’s goals are listed at it’s website and are repeated here;
- Creating and developing awareness and recognition of the value and contribution of the Business Analyst,
- Defining the Body of Knowledge,
- Providing a forum for knowledge sharing and contribution to the Body of Knowledge,
- Identifying the required skills and competencies of a qualified Business Analyst,
- Defining training and professional development standards and
- Publicly recognizing and certifying qualified Business Analysts.